Modern goaltending is extremely technical, methodical and demands a lot of the body. CGD has created a teaching strategy that enables veteran goalies to take advantage of modern techniques and tactics without the additional physical stress on the knees and hips. Please register for either Level 1 or Level 2.
- Posture and proper stance – hand, core and head positioning
- Basic goalie specific movements including shuffling, t-pushing with a proper pivot, c-cuts
- Butterfly execution with proper weight distribution and downward movement
- Save process review of PRE SAVE > SAVE > POST SAVE
- Tracking in and out
- Recovery on the proper foot, foot placement and recovery angle
- Pivoting on feet and butterfly
- Lateral slides
- Pivoting prior to movements
- Post play and behind the net and goal line tactics
- Lateral slides with recovery
- Butterfly recovery (power slides)
- Projecting hands into shots
Charles McTavish is the goalie coach of the Ottawa 67s. He has a detailed eye for basic and advanced technical execution. He has worked directly with the Ottawa Senators Development Camp, Ottawa University, Smiths Falls Bears, and Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL).
Matt Dopud is currently the goalie coach for the University of Ottawa men’s team. He has been coaching in Montreal and Ottawa since 2005. His experience as a Junior, Major Junior, and CIS graduate has given him great perspective of both the game and the position.
12:30 pm – Welcome
1:00 pm – On Ice
2:30 pm – Off Ice
3:00 pm – In gym
3:45 pm – Gym Completion
4:00 pm – Social + Q&A with Coaches